My first post about my history of photographing insects left off with my need to enlarge my subjects in my photos. I did some research and saw how others on the web were taking their macro photos. This only got me discouraged, because I saw how much their lenses cost. I didn’t have $300 to $1200 to spend on a new lens. One day, I stopped at a photo shop in my area (Marks Photo and Video) and spoke with a girl behind the counter. I told her where I was in my photography and she mentioned macro filters. Her suggestion was to try them as my next step in learning macro. $20 is all it cost me to get to the next step in my photography. My first set contained 3 filters: +1, +2 & +4. I went home and began to experiment with them. I was worried about using “too much glass” at first, but found that using all three filters together really helped me get the enlargement of my subjects that I wanted. There were many times that I had to juggle filter combinations when an insect was too large to use all three. So, this is how I played with my camera from about 2010 through 2012. Next time I may write about my woes of the 50mm lens.